Monday, August 3, 2015

Madison Super Ace


Here are a couple of photos of a Corben Super Ace that is on display in the Frank Lloyd Wright "prairie style" terminal building at Dane County Regional Airport in Madison, Wisconsin.  The Corben Sport Plane Company produced Super Ace kits in Madison during the early 1930's.  This particular Super Ace was donated to the airport in 1991 by the local chapter of the Experimental Aircraft Association.  I have to say I like the design. It looks like it would be fun to fly.


I have mixed emotions when I see vintage airplanes on display in terminal buildings around the country.  My first thought is that it's a shame that nobody gets to fly them anymore.  Then, because I'm a "cup half full" kind of guy, I think it's nice that someone at the airport likes airplanes.  I can think of a few places where that's not always the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment