Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Adrift in NYC

Well, I guess the days of having only three short-calls per month are over.  The new normal seems to be six per month.  Crew Scheduling just assigned another one for tomorrow, so that makes it three days in a row this week.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  I'm a line holder in March (which starts on the 2nd for Big D) so this is it for reserve---at least for a month anyway.

It's not as nice here today as it was yesterday.  The rain moved in while I was perusing the local bookstore, so it was a soggy walk back to the crash pad.  I could have hailed a taxi, but since both trucks are getting new sets of tires today, I thought I should save my shillings!  I'll dry out eventually.

This would have been a great time to finish the blog story on the History of Pond Branch Airfield, but the PBA Airport Manager is slow with his offerings, so it will have to wait. . .

I'll sign off with a picture from the morning walk-about.  "Cheese of the World" is located on Austin Street in Forest Hills, New York.  It sounds exotic, so I will dedicate it to the EG!

No comments:

Post a Comment