Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Museum Piece

 

Monday morning the EG (UAL Captain Duncan Flett, AKA The Exotic Guy) and I stopped in at the Charles M. Schulz Museum and Research Center in Santa Rosa, California.  It was a nice way to unwind after two and a half days of working Flight Line Safety at the Wings Over Wine Country Air Show.  As a wannabe cartoonist, the museum has been on my "To Do" list for quite some time.  I was not disappointed! 


As we wandered around, I realized that I had finally made the grade---one of my drawings was now in a museum!  At least temporarily. . .  The EG was wearing his Royal Air Fletterhozen T-Shirt.  On his back was my version of a De Havilland DH-60 Moth.  I know it's a stretch, but I'll take what I can get.  Thank you Duncan.  You made my day!

 
Here is the drawing I used for the T-Shirt.  Like Snoopy, I tend to daydream.  Those daydreams morph in to drawings that sometimes end up in your mailbox.  It was interesting to see that even Charles Schulz was prone to the occasional spelling error.  I noticed correction tape on several original Peanuts story panels.  I understand the frustration!

 
www.SchulzMuseum.org

No comments:

Post a Comment