Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day Greetings


Saint Patrick's Day Greetings from Orlando, Florida---a place that used to be orange, but is now "green" with tourist dollars.  I wonder sometimes:  In the last thirty years, just how much of that green have I delivered to the Central Florida economy?  I dropped my first passenger on the steps of fantasy land in 1983.  Back then there were plenty of orange groves to view on the arrival routes in to Orlando International Airport.  One is hard pressed to find any now.  I know the mouse pays the bills; but I liked orange better.

(Sigh)


This picture of Orlando Air Lines' Cessna T-50 Bamboo Bomber hangs on the wall of a restaurant on International Drive.  Don't you know this was a hot and bumpy ride in the summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment