Saturday, March 7, 2015

Indiana Jones To The Rescue!


Thursday morning Brother Baker was the first to inquire: "You OK? News is saying a MD-80 went off the runway at LGA. . ."  That text message got my attention!  "Huh?  Not me. Got home last night."  Before I had a chance to turn on the TV, another message from Joe:  "It's on FOX and CNN.  And of course, Mary Schiavo has to chime in. . ."  I hit the remote; sure enough, there she was, jabbering away. . .  Then another message:  "Is Mark (Brother Hogan) home too?"   I replied:  "He's at his crash pad."

I followed the story for most of the afternoon---disconcerting, I know.  But when it's your company, and the airplane, that you fly---well; let's just say my threat level was elevated. Once I learned there were only minor bumps and bruises I probably should have turned the TV off, but I didn't.  CNN had the money shot:  A smart phone video of the snowy evacuation---folks were sliding off the back side of the right wing.  It was all quite orderly, all things considered.  But it does raise a few questions.  First: Who stops to take pictures when he (or she) is evacuating an airplane?  And second: Where do the TV news folks find their "aviation experts?"  Here's a thought to ponder:  Maybe it's the same person.
  
As soon as the news got out that Harrison Ford put his PT-22 down on a golf course in Santa Monica, California Thursday afternoon, the LaGuardia slip and slide story disappeared.  Bigger name on the other line. . .  And I'm OK with that (for obvious reasons.)  But I am sorry that Indiana Jones bumped his head.  That was a nice looking Ryan!

Internet Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment