Tuesday, October 3, 2017

So Long Old Friend


Dear MD-88 Simulator,

Our eleven year love-hate relationship has finally come to an end.  Our July meeting will probably be our last.  Network Planning has decided the MD-88s and MD-90s are no longer welcome in the Big Apple after the first of the year.  Yes, I could follow the jets to Atlanta; but I'm really just a city-boy at heart---and we both know our relationship was only temporary.  But eleven years is a long time!  Six thousand one hundred and seventeen hours of scheduled service works out (as best as I can recollect) to fourteen recurrent training cycles---one hundred and twelve hours, give or take.  How many V-One Cuts, I wonder; how many single engine go-arounds?  Before I join the Foreign Legion I want to say thank you for helping me perfect my craft---and I forgive you for that time two years ago when your oxygen mask microphone switch malfunctioned during the smoke and fire drill.

Tellement Vieux Ami

No comments:

Post a Comment