Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Budget Day

Greetings Brethren!

Well, Monday was supposed to be "Budget Day" at Casa la Cottom.  We have new "budget software" (as opposed to my old paper spreadsheet) and I had promised Nancy I'd help input all the information to get things up and running.  About as exciting as watching paint dry, I've been putting it off for a couple of weeks now.  Just when I thought I was doomed to a morning of data input, Brother Baker called with a better offer!  He was planning on flying the Hatz over to Goose Creek, and asked if I wanted to grab the Luscombe and meet him there.  I gave Nancy my best sad puppy-eyed look, and of course she melted. . .

The next order of business was to give Dad a call to see if he wanted to ride along.  I called the house and Mom said he was at the dentist's office.  I called his cell phone (three times) to leave a message, but didn't get an answer. . .  Well folks, I guess it's a good idea to shut off your cell phone before you sit in the dentist's chair!  Sorry Pop!

On the drive down to Jellystone Air Park we got a call from Brother Baker, who was on the ground at Goose Creek.  He said the Feds were scheduled to give check rides there later, and thought it might be a good idea if we met someplace else.  Never one to get in the way of the FAA, I agreed wholeheartedly!  A short time later we were on our way to Wilgrove Air Park, with Dad at the controls---dancing with 43 Bravo's pesky ball! 


Brother Baker was parked in front of the office by the time we hit the pattern---hard to miss that Pontiac Red!  Hard to miss Wilgrove's skinny runway too!  The NC Airport Guide says it's 40 feet wide.  It doesn't look anywhere near that wide when viewed from the Luscombe.  I can only imagine how narrow it looks from the back seat of the Hatz!  Way to go Joe!


After forcing Joe and Dad to pose for MORE THAN ENOUGH photos, we were informed by one of the locals that I had parked "GASP" in "the Chreokee's" spot.  And I had done such nice job of parking too---perfectly positioned next to the Hatz.  Oh well; I guess there's a reason I'm the NSEG!  Of one thing I'm certain:  The forty or so minutes we were there, we had the coolest airplanes on the field!  That WAS exotic!

                                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Hey, why do today what you can do tomorrow. Besides flying is more fun.

    ReplyDelete