Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Keeping up with the EG

Greetings Brethren!

I was excited!  Dad said he had an old photo of me, taken when I was four years old, holding a model airplane.  I thought it might be similar to one our good friend the Exotic Guy, Captain Duncan Flett, had revealed to the Brethren a year or so back.  Some of you may remember the photo: 


The photo clearly shows that even as a youngster our friend was well on his way to becoming "The Exotic Guy."  Think about it folks; at an age when most kids can't even count to 727, our hero is holding one in the palm of his hand!  A snapshot of exotic things to come. . .

So here is my photo from all those years ago:


I'm told, this was taken on the steps of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.  That's mom on the left, and I'm the little guy sitting between family friends, Marie and Joe Dutter, who I have no recollection of.  Two things of note here:  First; unlike the EG, my airplane is not a 727.  Second; it appears my friend Joe Mullis was correct when he teased me that my mother always dressed me funny! 


No comments:

Post a Comment